The first letter was dated June 3, 2011 and was from my friend Pany in London. It was a card with those Irresistibly Sweet strawberries on the cover. When I received it last summer, I was new to blogging and hadn’t a clue what to do with it, so I threw it in the pile (don’t deny it, we all have the same pile). The second bright green Versatile letter came on January 25, 2012 from my friend Cathy in Bavaria. I was busy writing about Tree Socks, and thought I would get to her letter soon, but threw it in the pile. Finally this week I received a letter filled with sunshine from my friend Kevin in New York. As it was about to be tossed into the pile as well, I paused. Three seems to be a magical number, 1, 2, 3, ready, set, go, triple play. I decided it was time to open my mail, time for some spring cleaning.
I gratefully, thankfully and humbly accept these three awards from my fellow-bloggers and will try and follow the rules. Writing and reading and connecting with other people all around the world who have similar interests is an amazing experience. It’s fun to see whose crocus is blooming first and who has the worst spring weather (I nominate the Northwest). I love reading everyone’s words, laughing at your humor and learning from your experience. And always finding inspiration from your garden-talk. So Thank You, Danke and Grazie to Pany at pany123.wordpress.com, Cathy at wordsandherbs.wordpress.com, Kevin at nittygrittydirtman.wordpress.com and WordPress for giving all of us our voice.
1. Include the Logo in my Post
2. Link back and thank those that nominated me
3. Answer 10 questions about myself and/or tell seven random facts
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers and link them to the award in their comment section
1. What is your favorite color? Blue! Like the color of the ocean and the color of the sky (a perfect backdrop for plant pictures).
2. What is your favorite animal? The elephant, I saw one today at the Woodland Park Zoo! So intelligent, how cool would it be tho have a trunk?
3. What is your favorite number? 16, My birthday, send me a card in May!
4. What is your favorite drink? Agua….refreshing water.
5. Which do you prefer, facebook or twitter? Facebook, although blogging is better than either.
6. What is your passion? Plants, duh!
7. Do you prefer giving or receiving presents? When I think of the perfect gift…giving!
8. What is your favorite pattern? Floral!
9. What is your favorite day of the week? Sunday, I like to remember God and love singing with our choir at church.
10. What is your favorite flower? The rose. I’m happy when I’m near them.
For The Sunshine Award:
1. Pany at Pany123
2. Cathy at Words and Herbs
3. Donna at Gardens Eye View
4. Catmint at Diary of a Suburban Gardener
For The Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Calvin at A Thistle in My Sensitive Area
2. Ellen at Technicolor Lily Pond
3. Jennifer at the Wild Garden
4. Andrea at I Garden Daily
For The Irresistibly Sweet Blogger Award:
1. Amy at Picture Book a Day
2. Masha at A Rose is a Rose
3. Lisa at Click
4. Sara and Janice at Form and Foliage