Pacific Northwest Gardening in January
“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”
― Albert Camus
Haven’t we already done all the work?
- Now is a good time to read gardening books and look over those delicious seed catalogs and plan for spring.
- Apply dormant spray to trees, shrubs and roses.
- Mulch shrubs and perennials for cold weather.
- Water if necessary, especially before a freeze and plants below the eves.
- Longing for life? Try growing orchids indoors! For more orchid info. visit the Northwest Orchid Society website.
PP Which book would you read before hiking the Appalachian trail?