Pacific Northwest Gardening in May
“Is the spring coming?” he said. “What is it like?”…
“It is the sun shining on the rain and the rain falling on the sunshine…”
― Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden
- Weed, weed, weed!
- Begin a comprehensive slug removal program! Sluggo!
- Plant perennials and annuals
- Fertilize plants
- Fertilize heavy blooming annuals in containers every two weeks
- Plant warmer weather veggies, squash, tomatoes, beans,
- peppers, melons, etc…
- Prune spring flowering shrubs after bloom