1. Keep on with general clean-up and pruning back dead wood and old perennials.
2. Start some serious weeding before things get out of control.
3. Prepare garden beds by adding organic material such as compost or manure.
4. Plant cool season crops like lettuce, peas, cabbage, onions, spinach, radish, etc…
5. Cut back ornamental grasses to a few inches before new growth begins.
6. Start the slug patrol, remove hiding places, hand pick or use iron phosphate bait.
7. Plant summer bulbs such as lilies, dahlias, gladiolus, etc….
8. Continue planting trees and shrubs and add in perennials as well.
9. Fertilize perennials, roses, shrubs and trees with a good organic fertilizer.
10. Enjoy the rainbows and the rain.